Hot Sexy Slashfic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot Sexy Slashfic

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Topic of the Day - 6/24/08

Go down 
+2
Rye
Xochitl
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Xochitl
Sexysaurus Admins
Sexysaurus Admins
Xochitl

Female
Number of posts : 399
Custom tit : We are the universe made manifest
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Topic of the Day - 6/24/08 Empty
PostSubject: Topic of the Day - 6/24/08   Topic of the Day - 6/24/08 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 6:40 am

Hey kids! Today, we're going to be talking about marriage! Jess! And because it's a topic that fills my flowery heart with so much hope and joy, like a special smile from Barack, you get a triple-question bonus round!

Do you want to get married?
What makes a happy marriage?
Do you think getting married means giving up freedom?

Last edited by Xochitl on Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rye
Sexysaurus Admins
Sexysaurus Admins
Rye

Female
Number of posts : 517
Custom tit : Rye loves Grindledore

PostSubject: Re: Topic of the Day - 6/24/08   Topic of the Day - 6/24/08 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 7:21 am

I do want to get married one day!

I think a happy marriage consists on being able to communicate and solve problems when you have them. I think that's needed for any relationship though. I think a marriage is like any other relationship, except it has more financial concern, I suppose?

I don't think it means giving up freedom, unless you're dating someone who demands that of you. After all, there are marriages that consists of people who swing and wife swap and stuff like that. I think a marriage is what two people set between themselves. If two people like it to b every restrictive, than it's not really a loss of freedom, since they both want it. If both people are okay with a lot of promiscuity, then that's okay too, since they've both agreed to it.
Back to top Go down
https://hotsexyslashfic.forumotion.com
mirmathion
Blossoming Seedling
Blossoming Seedling
mirmathion

Male
Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2008-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Topic of the Day - 6/24/08   Topic of the Day - 6/24/08 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 8:01 am

I would love to, even though tbh it's possibly one of the most terrifying things anyone can do. I will definitely not rush into it. I don't believe even a little in love at first sight.

Selflessness is the key to a successful, happy marriage. The more selfless you are, the more dedicated ad infinitum to your spouse, the less selfish emotions will get in the way, thus less anger, jealousy, and fighting. You will be dedicated to each other beyond your own needs. This is the key.

No. Freedom to be dedicated and subservient only to yourself is insignificant next to the ability to be melded with someone, to be truly one with another human being to the extent that their will is your will, that their desire is your desire. True freedom is the freedom to not exist, to be transparent in front of the eternal light of love. So in the end, by nature of it being a true marriage, the partners will inherently eventually not care what they have given up. I say eventually because I believe that the true fruits of a marriage, and true love between its partners, takes time (years, almost certainly) to bloom.
Back to top Go down
Breine
Blossoming Seedling
Blossoming Seedling
Breine

Male
Number of posts : 60
Custom tit : I'm not a pastry!
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Topic of the Day - 6/24/08   Topic of the Day - 6/24/08 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 10:11 am

I don't know. Maybe some day if I meet the right person.

Honesty, humour, respect, being able to communicate and of course love. There are many things that go in to having a good marriage.

No, not really. Not generally speaking, at least.
Back to top Go down
Xochitl
Sexysaurus Admins
Sexysaurus Admins
Xochitl

Female
Number of posts : 399
Custom tit : We are the universe made manifest

PostSubject: Re: Topic of the Day - 6/24/08   Topic of the Day - 6/24/08 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 10:37 am

I do indeed! I think it's nice to symbolize love in such a way.

I think a marriage with two patient partners, who both wish for the marriage to work for the sake of both partners, not just themselves, would be a great foundation for a happy marriage. They need to have the belief that the marriage can work. When you have that you can work most things out, and if you don't have it then even the most compatible, easygoing people will have great difficulty.

Only if you were forced into it. If you married of your own volition, then you have voluntarily given up any freedom you might lose, and therefore you did it freely, which means you remain free! And, you know, what freedom would I personally be giving up? Nothing I'd want to do anyway.
Back to top Go down
Big Shug
Proud Sunflower
Proud Sunflower
Big Shug

Female
Number of posts : 210
Custom tit : we are the same strange animal
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Topic of the Day - 6/24/08   Topic of the Day - 6/24/08 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 10:47 am

Yes, I'm technically engaged.

Good sex & good communication.

Yes. But you give up your freedom for protection and love from your SO. It's worth it.
Back to top Go down
mmmmmaicha
Blossoming Seedling
Blossoming Seedling
mmmmmaicha

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Topic of the Day - 6/24/08   Topic of the Day - 6/24/08 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 3:53 am

No.

Being nice and kind and giving and stuff.

Not really, but it's a big factor in limiting you in a bunch of ways.
Back to top Go down

Topic of the Day - 6/24/08
Page 1 of 1