Hot Sexy Slashfic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot Sexy Slashfic

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Minesweeper Could Hold the Key to Famous Math Q.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mirmathion
Blossoming Seedling
Blossoming Seedling
mirmathion

Male
Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Minesweeper Could Hold the Key to Famous Math Q. Empty
PostSubject: Minesweeper Could Hold the Key to Famous Math Q.   Minesweeper Could Hold the Key to Famous Math Q. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 4:24 pm

http://www.claymath.org/Popular_Lectures/Minesweeper/

"It's not often you can win a million dollars by analysing a computer game, but by a curious conjunction of fate, there's a chance that you might. However, you'll only pick up the loot if all the experts are wrong and a problem that they think is extraordinarily hard turns out to be easy. So don't order the Corvette yet.

The prize is one of seven now on offer from the newly founded Clay Mathematics Institute in Cambridge MA, set up by businessman Landon T. Clay to promote the growth and spread of mathematical knowledge, each bearing a million-buck price-tag. The computer game is Minesweeper, which is included in Microsoft's Windows operating system, and involves locating hidden mines on a grid by making guesses about where they are located and using clues provided by the computer. And the problem is one of the most notorious open questions in mathematics, which rejoices in the name 'P=NP?'. "
Back to top Go down
Red Pill
Blossoming Seedling
Blossoming Seedling
Red Pill

Male
Number of posts : 64
Custom tit : De Omnibus Dubitandum
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Minesweeper Could Hold the Key to Famous Math Q.   Minesweeper Could Hold the Key to Famous Math Q. EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 10:37 am

Minesweeper Could Hold the Key to Famous Math Q. 1212370022110-1

edit: I figured I should censor the racial slur, hence the sweet black line.
Back to top Go down
Denmark
Blossoming Seedling
Blossoming Seedling
Denmark

Male
Number of posts : 57
Custom tit : Forget Norway!
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Minesweeper Could Hold the Key to Famous Math Q.   Minesweeper Could Hold the Key to Famous Math Q. EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 1:19 am

I've always noted that that image is incorrect; you can only minimize that shit. Maximization is not possible as is evidenced by the greyed maximize button.

It would take me a lot more time than I have right now to go and try to get a more complete understanding of the P=NP? problem.
Back to top Go down

Minesweeper Could Hold the Key to Famous Math Q.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hot Sexy Slashfic :: General Chat-
Jump to: